The following link (click here to verify current certificate "LEVEL and "STATUS") contains the certificate level and current status of all persons that are registered or hold a certificate with the Association of Christian Alcohol and Drug Counselors and is listed for public view.
Certificate “Level" may be listed as one of the following:
REG. / CSAC-1 / RADT Certificate
This is an entry level requirement in the state of CA for anyone entering this field. Please review the current CA Department of Health Care Services standards and regulations to find out how much time you have before you must be registered (RADT) when obtaining employment in a CA Department of Health Care Services certified or licensed AOD facility. With this level, you may participate as an intern only.
The CDAAC "Christian Drug, Alcohol & Addiction Counselor" certificate shows that the student has completed the 315 hour academic requirement and has passed the CDAAC exam. This certificate satisfies the academic requirements needed for CA State Certification through CCAPP.
ACADC "CDAAC" / CCAPP "CADC-1" Dual Credential
Adding the CCAPP "CADC-1" credential allows the recepient to counsel professionally within a CA DHCS licensed or certified treatment facility. This certificate shows the holder has met all the necessary requirements.
This recepient has:
- Successfully completed the CDAAC Certificate requirements (315 academic hours and a passing score on the CDAAC test) and received the CDAAC certificate.
- Successfully completed the required 9 hour basic bundle course and received a passing score on the exam. This includes Professional and Ethical Standards of Case Management (3 hours); HIPAA, Privacy Rule and Confidentiality of Client Records (3 hours); and Analyzing Multiple Relationships between Counselor and Client (3 hours).
- Successfully completed the required 3000 hours of work experience (must be completed in a licensed or certified AOD treatment facility). Applicants with an Associate Arts Degree in Behavioral Science or allied health profession will require 2080 hours of work experience. The person signing off on these hours must be a state licensed or certified AOD counselor or licensed professional.
- Successfully completed the required 255 hour AOD field practicum. (must be completed in a licensed and certified AOD treatment facility). The person signing off on the practicum hours must be a state licensed or certified AOD counselor or licensed professional in a supervisor position.
- Passed the IC&RC ADC or AADC exam.
The CADC-1 is a State of California approved certificate that allows the recipient to provide counseling services within an CA Department of Health Care Services certified or licensed AOD facility as a certified counselor.
Certificate “Status" may be listed as one of the following:
This certificate is current and in good standing.
This certificate is in need of renewal. If the renewal date is older than six months, the counselor may be required to obtain additional education and a passing score on the CCAPP exam. Additionally, proof will need to be produced stating that 40 CEH/CEU were completed within the two year period prior to the request for renewal date.
This status means the counselor's certificate is under a Certificate Board review and the outcome is pending - A counselor listed with this certificate status is not allowed to counsel until the suspension is lifted.
This status means the counselor's rights and privileges to counsel under this certifying agency have expired. This individual is no longer allowed to counsel or intern under a registration or any certificate received from this agency.
This status means the counselor's rights and privileges to counsel under this certifying agency have been revoked. This individual is no longer allowed to counsel or intern under a registration or any certificate received from this agency.
Note: This report is updated weekly.