Tucker Counseling Services
Online Counseling Packages
With today’s busy schedules, limited resources, anonymity concerns, minimal providers in some communities and for various other reasons, many are finding online services more than merely a convenience, but rather a necessity enabling them to receive the help they wouldn’t normally be able to. Online Therapy allows an extra level of privacy. This approach has become very popular among Professionals concerned about being seen entering or leaving a treatment center by their employer or the clients they serve.
My approach is a Spirit led process that takes each client on a personal journey to find the rooted issues housed within their heart. There are reasons why people do what they do and these reasons need to be properly addressed in order to experience any level of true change. Clients are treated through a 6-Step Christian intervention process that focuses on the physical body, relationships, families, addiction, spiritual warfare and the essential nature of God’s redemptive formulas. This includes:
- Assess truth with love– Understanding the problem at a systemic level marks the beginning of all change (body, soul and spirit). We house a variety of assessment materials and tools to reveal the problems for the purpose of applying a remedy. Truth, as revealed by the Holy Spirit, is the gift that opens the doorway of freedom. We believe it is the life-line of all potential change. We talk language of the heart, and allow people to present their needs and situations authentically, in a nonjudgmental, non-condemning atmosphere.
- Treat Root Causes– There are reasons for addictive behavior, and with those reasons come real, actual solutions – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. We assess issues of the past to identify triggers, patterns and areas of trauma. However, we don’t stay in the past. We walk back only to reclaim areas of the heart that were under the influence of lies and hurts. Healing requires feeling, which means part of the process is to face and feel feelings that had been previously buried or medicated. All remedy comes from the power of grace and forgiveness and the reality of God’s constant presence and grace doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Thus, all revelation gained about past injuries will contain a redemptive focus.
- Equip– Life skills teach men and women how to walk out the Christian life practically. Goals, planning and other tools allow men and women to leave prepared with practical, real ways to walk out a life of sobriety. Spiritual growth and intimacy with God is strongly encouraged through the structure of devotional and worship time.
- Identify Triggers– A relapse prevention plan must be implemented to identify relapse triggers. This plan will include ongoing recovery support. No matter how successful treatment may be, these triggers contain potential risks, and they must be openly discussed and validated with a clearly defined action plan in place.
- Develop Relationship Skills – God created us to live in relationships. My goal is to inject new relationship tools that will allow the addict to begin to approach relationships from a new and fresh perspective. We support healthy fellowship, healthy families and marriages, and believe it’s God’s heart to implement healing and reconciliation processes.
- Plan for Life– A comprehensive plan is written and reviewed with family members (if applicable) to assure the safety, security, boundary structure, expectations and accountability needs of the addict and family members involved.
Personal application: Being an active participant in your own recovery process is necessary. You will get out of it in somewhat equal proportion to what you put into it. Clients must participate in their own recovery process by writing and completing a variety of assignments. Clients are completely engaged and involved in all aspects of their objectives. This should be the most important project they will ever work on. The success in all other areas of life will hinge upon this initial foundation. If completely engaged, they will leave with a full understanding of themselves through the perspective of God’s heart.